Sunday, May 3, 2009

Travel, homework, travel, zzzz

I'm not sure what I was thinking! Yes I do~ I was convinced that my 75% travel job would allow me time to go to my hotel room in the evening and do homework without the distractions of home; no lawn waiting to be mowed, house waiting to be cleaned, ,,,you get the idea.
I am taking two on line classes this term plus committed to completing 5 essays for PLA.
My travel was a little less at the beginning of the year, but has picked up. So last week I was in Clearwater Beach, Florida. Beautiful sunny weather, the softest sand I have ever felt; like baby powder. But being committed to school I trudged up to my hotel room only to find the 'free wireless', less than cooperative.
Working at a supplier's site this last week was exhausting and very rewarding. Working with them we were about to help them find a way to improve thier specific process by about 350%. Halfway through the week, both my co-worker and I decided that walking two blocks to dinner was too far, so we drove. Needless to say I then needed some serious zzzzz's which I got a few of, but not much.
To add to all of this, I had the 'pleasure' of seeing television this week and watching all the warnings about swine flu and how I shouldn't be traveling in an airplane...what? great! I still needed to get home, do laundry, homework and pack for another flight out Monday. This time it's to Nashville. As much as I have always wanted to go there, I will not be doing any sight seeing.
I am going to push through this 20 credit term, and then go back to a normal full time schedule of about 12. I will still be able to reach my goal of Graduation by June 2010, but have a little more balance. Ok, enough bloggin' time to get after my next essay....ciao' for now

No comments: