Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday dinners

I remember when we would go to Hood Canal with my family and spend the weekend with my Grandma GG. We would get clams, crab, oysters and goeduck. We would spend the day at the beach and the evenings laying around their living room floor watching TV or just visiting. I loved the afternoons when we would sit around and shell crab into a large yellow tupperware bowl at the center of the round oak table. ~ One bite for me, One bite for the bowl.~
I want to create that sort of environment with my family and have started having Sunday dinners a couple of months ago. It started out as an every other week event, but is growing into weekly. My son and his fiancee' come over, and Kelly and her girls, my mom came over last week. I can't wait for Heather's family to move closer and start joining in.
It has been a great way for everyone to catch up on each other's lives and spend time just being with each other. We spent yesterday afternoon outside helping to clear away the leaves of a former rhodie and cooking together, each of us doing what we wanted to.

During this time in my life and in the time of the world craziness, it is more important to me than ever that I spend time with my family.

No comments: