Thursday, May 28, 2009

Feeling like a kid again....











So last Thursday morning when I woke up I had vertigo really bad, and it is still there. Everytime I turn my head too quickly or lay down or even roll over...ok, go ahead, make the dizzy blonde comment.
As the weekend progressed I was working in the yard, etc. I had to climb onto my roof, from my bedroom balcony. Did I mention that there is a railing in the way? about 3 1/2 feet tall? and about a 2 foot gap between there and the roof of the garage? and oh, BTW I have a serious fear of heights. As I 'gracefully' make my way to the roof, I land on my left leg giving the outside of my shin a great scrubbing from the roof tile...ok, ok, not so bad.
Later that day I dropped my keys on my right foot, poking a hole in the toe next to my 'pinkie', it's only slightly purple and still swollen....
The next day I start to reach into my car door and the top corner of the window stopped me with my left bicep~~~ Oh, I'm not done yet!
Still enjoying my naturally induced 'buzz' I am walking into a work site Tuesday morning and my heel gets caught in a 2" break in the sidewalk, and yep, down I go....witnesses and all.
So, the right ankle is swollen and bruised, my left knee lost only a top layer of skin and is only swollen a bit with a nice shade of purple......The ankle felt especially good when my chiropractor used the activator on the bruise to get in back in place. At least it moves better now...but MAN! did that smart!
And did I mention the carpel tunnel thing happening in my right wrist? A bit of typing lately.

I started thinking about this last night......this kind of thing happens to kids all the time, they end up bumped and bruised and scraped, whine about it a little, and then still have the moxy to go and play all day.......
I'm going to do the same. Just got done whining here, Heading in to work for a busy full day workshop and then one more day of work before I take the better part of next week off. (guess I'll see a doc about the dizzy thing while I'm off work.)
Enjoy your day ! and Be Safe!

1 comment:

Corinna said...

I hope heal quickly and have better luck in June.