Saturday, January 17, 2009

Spoiled Rotten

My daughter and all three grandchildren (see Heather's blog to the left), were up here since Thursday to visit. Heather fixed me a birthday dinner Friday night and we invited my aunt Chris and uncle Roy over. We had a great dinner.
The kids and I picked up branches in the front yard and then headed across the street to the park.
They swung on swings, the teeter-totter and then we dug in the sand. It was then that I spotted it,,,someone's empty potato chip bag in the lake. Thank goodness I had my rubber boots on. I tried to reach it and couldn't , so I got a long stick and still couldn't. Well, looks like I'm getting wet. I went for it....OMG!!! talk about cold water. I got the garbage and the water suctioned the boots right to my FREEZING feet. But I got them off,,,water pouring from my boots and my pant legs wet to my knees. Abagayle and Jackson were giggling the entire time at how cold I was.
I made a beeline for the house!!
We played 'tennis' (badmitten sp?), laid on top of the guest room bed and visited about school, listened to a christian lullaby CD I had gotten them for Christmas and really had time to connect and lots of snuggle time.....I truly miss them!
I am blessed to have such an amazing daughter and the best grandchildren on the planet. I love this life.