Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's a New Year!!

This year started out a little quicker than most that I remember.
I left on Jan 5th for my first work trip of the year, but like all good companies during this time of recession, mine is cutting back on travel this year....which is totally ok with me.
I started back to school at Marylhurst University on January 2nd. Although I am only taking one class, it is a 6 credit class and I'll be writing Prior Learning Papers to challenge 5 three credit classes, for a total of 21 credits this term. I'm also taking a Dantes' challenge exam for another 4+ credits....It is a lot, 25+ credits....
But not when I think about people like my son in-law who takes well over 30 credits each term, works 25 hours a week and studies for national board exams...oh yeah, and has a wife and 3 young children at home.
I am totally expecting to be busy, but it is completely doable given that I only work about 40 -45 hours a week and have no children to care for.
I am excited about my book, and have been in contact with a publisher!!! can you say HOORAYY!!?
I've also committed to Financial Abundance for the year and have taken some 'active' steps to reach my goals.
My birthday is coming up on January 20th and although some will be celebrating the inaguration....I'll be celebrating 47 wonderful years on this planet and spending time with family and friends.

No comments: