Saturday, July 25, 2009

hmmmmm...interesting perspectives


I attended a one day seminar on Servant Leadership, as a part of my degree plan. As I listened to my fellow classmates, I found it interesting to hear the capacity variance that they all discussed.
For example, one discussed how taking 6 credits, plus a PLA class (9) credits would have been too much so she had to drop PLA. Another talked about working full time and only being able to take 9 credits. The other extreme described was a student who works and took "an insane" amount of credits last term, 18......hmm...am I in that category? I started taking classes toward my BA last fall and have taken at least 18-21 credits each term. Perhaps I am, but I am enjoying the journey as well.
I did try to take some time this summer and only took 12 credits.
I guess I never realized how nuts this schedule is or how much of myself I am committing to reaching this important goal until I heard it from strangers today. But I still know that I'm on the right path and carrying the right load for now.

PS. >>>>Update on my goal - I did it! over half way to my degree!! Wahoo!
>>>>>>>> Update on other goal - Children's book - currently seeking an agent and am attending a Children's author bootcamp in October...

PSSS...one of my Profs is taking a group of students to Greece, Turkey etc...next spring and will be visiting the last known site of Mary and other biblical sites...I'm thinking I may need to go???

Time to crash...to awake to homework in the morning....I am loving being a college student,,,that in itself achieves one of my dreams.

No comments: