Sunday, May 18, 2008

Learning Journey

So, I am half way through my first quarter back in college. So far things are going well. It's been a stretch to pace myself and be able to balance the transition of a new job and school at the same time, but it's been a great transition.
I am thankful everyday for the opportunities that I have before me.
I've learned that I know more about nutrition than my actions show.
I've learned that I don't know as much as I thought I did, especially when it comes to whether butter is better for you than margarine. (a long story- but I still choose butter)
I've learned that I can write essays that are within my professor's expectations, as long as I like the topic.
I've learned that I do not like APA format, but like many things in life, it's something that I need to do as a part of the outcome I want to have.
I've learned that I have more time for a balanced life once I disconnected my television cable.
I've learned to love my yardwork again.
I've learned to give thanks more frequently.
I've learned how fortunate I am, after reading about the natural disasters in other parts of the world. And no longer take even a glass of water for granted.
I've learned how I want to be a leader in my community and how I want to give back.
I've learned ways I can reduce my 'carbon footprint', and what it really means if I don't
I've remembered that life is short and I will continue to pursue my hopes and dreams, no matter what.
Just think, it's only May...can't wait to see what the rest of the year's learnings will bring.
Enjoy your late spring and get ready for a great summer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Victoria,
Isn't learning fun! I just want to share that APA is much easier than MLA... and if you have not been to Diane Hackers site to learn more about APA... please go there and add it to your favorites!

After all my classes I learned that there is so much more to learn, that life is all about learning something new every day and that just when I think I know something, it's likely to change... (Carbon footprint debate not withstanding...)

I love the turning off of the TV... David and I are planning on that too as we move to the farm... who has time for TV when there are things to grow and orchards to prune and acres to walk? Not to mention quilts to sew!

Thank you for sharing all your reflections on education... as a journal it will come in handy for your senior seminar exit class!
Glad you are enjoying school.
Love and blessings, Chelle